Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Midsem fever

The midsems are on,
And so is the feeling of why that happens everytime?
I'm referring to the last minute cramming and rigor that goes at place. You will find almost everyone from people who love sticking tight to their pillows and skipping morning classes, to ones who have been attentive and regular in every class, bruising their heads through the vast syllabus, some of the courses hand over to us. And of course I'm no exception to that.

Obviously scoring high is the priority and one would never want to waste any moment to gain maximum to their knowledge, that they can spill out in the paper waiting hours ahead of them. But this happening every time and with every single paper, used to make me ponder - 'Is this meant to be essential for our survival or have the purpose of education got deviated a bit'?

Talking of purpose of education- we can conclude its all subjective.The relative importance we want to give to things varies a lot with the background and atmosphere we sustain.So deviation from purpose is so out of question.
But even with its global aim of creating skilled workforce,we are never been put off. We in effect are honing our skills to deal with situations at last minute. It may show our inadequacy to prepare well for things, but in effect its not. As I delved deeper, I just found people have important things to work at,which tend to make them more proficient and thoughtful. The courses and setting are there to teach us basics of topics, which either way we will get to learn. And after all the state will be all same after 10 long years because you no longer will require or remember intricate details of these courses, and the basic overview will still be there in picture.
 
So if the purpose is still holding intact then why bug ourselves for semester long studies?
Am I against working hard throughout??Well, no. I just mean if we are to educate ourselves at things we are good at and make better citizens of our country, we just need to find best out of every moment for improving ourselves. 

The midsems are on.
And so is the feeling of why that happens everytime?
But now I can feel happy and proud seeing people cramming and struggling hard at last minute,Coz they say 'Life begins at the end of your comfort zone' and midsems have just questioned our comforts.. :D

PS: Its my soil mechanics paper tomorrow and I just hope my skills comes out to its best :P

4 comments: