Thursday, October 18, 2012

You - SwitchFoot


This is just a brief put-down of thoughts that encircle me around whenever I listen to the music of this song. Its not just the lyrics that persuade me, but the way Switchfoot band has sieved the music with each and every word that flows around so perfectly with the rhythm, that keeps me spell-bound. These reflections are purely what I think and may be out of the context in which the song was really placed in the movie- 'A walk to remember', but still here they are :).

Here is the link for the song :- 


It starts playing with the 'echo' that kind of reflects the void in something. Then the beat of drums transitioning to the music of guitar and synth, takes my imagination to a lonely wide-stretched road with me standing somewhere near its start looking along the horizon to which the road is extending to, pondering same typical thoughts of sorrowfulness. 
And then the lyrics flows out like magic :-
There's always something in the way,
There's always something getting through.
But it's not me
Its you.
The music with the words is so indulging that I go dumbstruck. It becomes so comforting- enlightening the bigger side of me. I'll put in now what the lyrics makes sense to me.
Sometimes ignorance rings "True".
Sometimes not even knowing about, brings us to the truth. Sometimes its not the knowledge but our ignorance that bring things closer. 
Hope is not in what I know.
Its not in me. Its in you.
Its that,I'm ignorant- and that brings me the 'hope'. Its my void that brings me the hope. Something precious is coming.
And then the repeated words again engulfs us back.
I find peace when I'm confused.
I find hope when I'm let down.
Its not in me. Its in you.
I know I've been put back. And now I look upon the sky from the depth I've fallen into.This brings me peace, which I constantly long for.

Then the most beautiful part :-

Hope to Loose myself for good.
I hope to find it in the end.
I have this hope that the good I strive for, I will someday loose myself in it. And someday I even will find it. And the Happiness thereafter is what soothes me now.

You might be wondering with the shift of thoughts from inspiring 'me' to inspiring 'you', what really is the person trying to say? But that's the real beauty. Its not just meant to put yourself up. Its not just for the person you are talking to. But the perfect switch between words really makes us think- Its for all of ourselves. Its for the entire self which we sometimes relate to 'you', 'me', 'I' or 'others'.
Though I may not have portrayed any good before but I assure this song will soothe your mind. Its to put us back - Back in fight from where we started giving up.
Some say this song is meant for 'God Almighty' or for a lover, but with the meaning you want to perceive, I'll just say - "Its not in me, Its in you. " :)

2 comments:

  1. This song drives me crazy and the way u took n analysed it gave it a new meaning..... W8ng for more posts...... love :)

    ReplyDelete